Thursday, May 17, 2007

Live the License Plate...GodsNo1

Yesterday, as I was driving home from work on "auto-pilot", I found myself behind a car with the license plate GODS NO1. I thought to myself how nice that was and how much I agreed with the sentiment on the plate...then I caught myself and thought "Do I really live like God is #1 in my life?" Humbly, I asked God for forgiveness, because I realized that I don't "live the license plate"...

So often, I say that God is first in my life, but I live something very different. My life is filled with many good things, but sometimes the best thing in my life is not at the top of my list. That license plate I saw yesterday is engrained in my mind...and I hope it stays there!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Live the license plate - that could be the next "WWJD"! : ) It's great when God reminds us that He is there, when we don't think of Him on our own! Thanks for the post!!
: ) Lauren

deAnn Alyse said...

Thank goodness for those silly but important bumpersticker or plates. Thanks for noticing it and applying to your life, writing about in the blog so it can be applied to our lives! ~ deAnn